This exercise will help you get ready for a night out, an important meeting, or a social event that might otherwise cause you some apprehension. Print out the page and stick it on the wall next to your mirror where you can read it and work through it quickly and efficiently. Good luck – and enjoy!
1) Think of the person whose character traits you want to absorb. Get a convincing picture of the person in your mind.
2) Imagine a time when they displayed these traits in public. Notice how they stand, their facial expressions, their gestures and the words they use.
3) Put yourself inside the person’s body so you can see, hear, and feel everything from their point of view. Hear their voice resonating in their chest, listen to the reactions of others around them, feel how confident and relaxed they are in the company of other people.
4) When you’re feeling totally in sync with your chosen personality, press your thumb and forefinger together once.
5) Now look at yourself in your full-length mirror. Imagine yourself “becoming” the person you want to emulate. Notice the expression on your face and the way you stand, just like the person you admire. You’ve stepped completely into their shoes and have absorbed all of the traits that make this person unique and special for you.
6) You’re calm, cool and collected. Your mind is open to meeting people, asking and answering questions, and enjoying all the experiences that come along.
7) Now imagine yourself out in a public environment. You’re cool, you’re standing confidently, and you’re speaking with authority and passion. You’ve become the person you wanted to become and soaked up the best bits of their personality.
8) Press your thumb and forefinger together one more time to fix that personality firmly in place.
9) Now go out and enjoy yourself knowing that you’re ready for anything or anyone that comes along.
And remember: just press your thumb and forefinger together whenever you need to “be exactly who you want to be!”